Anybody can admit that cleaning makeup brushes is not the best task, in fact we try by all means to avoid it. However, dermatologists recommend that we clean our make up brushes often to prevent bacteria that can lead to breakouts. That’s why today I’m going to be sharing with you how to clean your make up brushes the easy way with products you already have at home.
Why should I clean my makeup brushes?
- Clean makeup brushes provide for an easier and better application.
- Dirty makeup brushes can accumulate bacteria, dead skin cells and oils which can thereafter clog your pores and lead to skin that is dull and broken.
- Cleaning your brushes regularly will make them last longer.
When and how often should I clean my make up brushes?
- It is recommended that you clean all the brushes you use often such as your foundation, powder and concealer brushes at least once a week.
- Clean all the makeup brushes you use for and around your eyes such as your eyeshadow brushes at least twice a month.
- Every other makeup brush should be cleaned at least once a month.
Cleaning your makeup brushes is actually very easy and once you get into the routine of cleaning them regularly it is actually not that bad.
How to clean your makeup brushes
What you will need.
- Makeup brushes and sponges.
- Dishwashing liquid.
- Cooking Oil.
- A bucket or sink to clean your brushes.
- A towel.
Tip: When cleaning makeup brushes that have wood handles, make sure not to get water into the handles because the water will lessen the strength of the wood. Water can also loosen the glue between the bristles and the handle meaning that the handle can become loose and your brush won’t last long.
Steps to cleaning your makeup brushes.
- Wet your sponges and the bristles of your makeup brushes with lukewarm water.
- Fill a bucket with water, oil and dishwashing liquid.
- Soak your makeup brushes and sponges in your bucket of water, oil and dishwashing liquid until all the makeup on them separates.
- Massage and swirl the sponges and bristles of the brushes gently on your palm, making sure to work the soap into them.
- Rinse your brushes and sponges with water until no soap remains.
- Repeat step 5 until all the makeup is off.
- Using a clean towel squeeze out all the excess moisture.
- Reshape/Reform the bristles of your makeup brushes back into their original shape.
- Let your brushes and sponges air dry.
That is a quick and easy way to clean your makeup brushes at home with products that you already have at home. Remember, clean makeup brushes are hygienic.
Thank you so much for reading, please leave a comment on your tips of cleaning makeup brushes.
Click below for my DIY nude lipstick https://journeyspeaks.wordpress.com/2017/05/21/diy-nude-lipstick-get-the-perfect-nude-shade/